Sunday, April 27, 2008

March for Babies

It's kind of last minute, but we decided to do The March of Dimes: March for Babies this Sunday at Qwest Field. The March of Dimes helps fund important research on premature babies. Marley's entire course of care was based on this research, and we are forever grateful for all they have done.

Nearly half of all premature deliveries have no known cause. The March of Dimes Prematurity Research Initiative funds promising, innovative research into the causes of prematurity. The goal is to translate research findings into actions that will help prevent early births.

If you'd like to donate to our walk, visit our website. I've set our fundraising goal at $100 since we only have one week, but I'm sure if we raise more they won't turn it down! Thank you!

3 comments:

Grandpa Franklin said...

Count me in for 10

Anonymous said...

When I was a grade schooler, The March of Dimes gave us cards to put actual dimes into, I think we only gave a dime per week. If I remember correctly it was mainly for Polio back then, They have come a long way since way back when. :-)
xoxoxo Grams C

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea. I thought about joining your team in your walk...but I couldn't find any information about it (it only stays it's at Qwest field... so will you be walking around and around the field?)

After my moms battle with cancer, I completely support the funding of organizations like the March of Dimes. Defnitely count me in.