In just one short week, we raised $200 for March of Dimes. Thanks to all who donated. We had a great time doing the walk on Sunday. It began with a bus ride to Qwest Field. We arrived early and had a pancake breakfast, then walked around collecting freebies.
Jeff and I got very emotional reading the "Wall of Remembrances", where people shared their Preemies' stories. Memories of our NICU experience just came flooding back. I wish I would have known about it ahead of time so I could have made a poster for Mars.
Walking on the Viaduct was pretty cool, especially surrounded by all those families. Marley slept the whole time. The weather was great. Afterward, we got on the West Seattle Water Taxi and headed home.
The Walk itself was 3.5 miles, but we probably doubled it with walking to and from the bus and Water Taxi. Overall I'd say it was a success. I can't wait until next year!
2 comments:
Congratulations - I see that Marley gets credit also!!! What a great event
Love Grandpa Franklin
Great story, awesome photos. Thanks for the update.
xoxoxo Grams C
Post a Comment