Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a Day!

The day began with Mars rolling over from tummy to back for the first time! Since I was unable to catch it on video, and he refused to repeat the trick, I've included a video of him playing with one of his favorite toys made especially for him by Auntie Liz.

Later, Mars had his 6 month check up. His weight was 13lbs 13oz (3rd percentile). His length was just under 25 inches (5th percentile). And his head circumference was 15.5 inches (0th percentile). If you adjust his age for prematurity: his weight would be 25%, length would be 50%, and head circ would be 10%. We were a little early for the 6 month vaccinations, so we have to go back next week to get them. His doctor is very pleased with his growth and development and thinks he is doing just great!

Later in the afternoon we visited 5th grade camp. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos. But picture Jeff holding Marley - both wearing looks of panic - while surrounded by 15 or more 5th graders, reaching out grubby hands and cooing loudly, "Awwww! He's soooo cuuuute!"

It's been quite a day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Hey Hey! I guessed 15 for the head and 23 for the height. That's pretty close. Although, my 22 was a bit heavy for the weight. hee hee =)

LOVE the video. He's so cute!!! =)

Grandpa Franklin said...

OK - so I was 10 pounds off - I had him shooting free throws in 3 months. I do just as well in the lottery. Great Video