Friday, September 5, 2008

Survived Week One!

Whew! We made it through the first week of school. Thanks SO MUCH to Tanya and Nai Nai for helping with Mars this week. School is going great (although I missed Marley terribly by the end of the week). The kiddos are very sweet and seem exited about school. One big change for me is that I will no longer be one of the tech liaisons for our school. I'm trying not to take on too much and am already on at least two other committees, including the school steering committee.

Also, some of us are really trying to carpool more this year. Having to cart Mars all over the place is kind of putting a strain on that, but we were still able to carpool twice this week. Yesterday, Alfred and I rode in together, and today Nancy, Alfred, and I all drove together. (Last week Nancy, Bethany, and I carpooled to one of our meetings). My goal is to ride with at least one other person in the car four days a week.

Jeff saw the orthopedic doctor yesterday. We're still waiting to hear back (the doc was going to consult a clavicle specialist), but it sounds like Jeff will need surgery. Fortunately, the recovery time will be the same with or without the surgery. I suppose we will have to wait until Monday to find out more. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: