Mars is sick! We knew it was bound to happen some time. Yesterday he was cranky all day. Jeff thought that maybe he was just teething (his top central incisors are coming through). But by the time I got home around 5, he had a temperature of 101. We gave him tylenol and I nursed him and he slept for a bit.
When he woke up, I gave him a bath. When he went to bed, at 7:30, his temp had dropped to 99.3. However, when I went to bed at 10:30, he was burning up. He stayed sound asleep while I took his temp (102.2!). I called the consulting nurse, just to make sure we were doing everything right. I learned a lot about fevers!
She said that, if it's a virus (probably), his fever should be below about 104 and back to normal within 3 days. I'm not really sure what's going on since he has no other symptoms (besides crankiness). I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
Fevers are scary. We have had several (and one real doozy). They never get less stressful because you always feel helpless. Good job calling the nurse. Always err on the side of ultra caution. Did you take today off?
What?! It's okay for him to be at 104?! that's so hot! but that's great that there's no other symptoms. And look. He waited until the weekend to get sick so you can take care of him. Nothing helps heal like a mothers love!
Do you have the consulting nurse on speed dial?
My poor little sunshine, my guess is that his fever is the start of a cold,when the fever breaks next step is runny nose. I hope iam wrong though. love ya
xoxoxo Mom
Post a Comment