The next morning (yesterday) we woke up early to catch the 7am shuttle back to Gatwick, so we could catch a 8.5 hour flight to Charlotte, NC, where we had a long 4 hour layover! Yuck! After we finally boarded our plane for Seattle, they informed us that the runway was closed due to an incoming storm. So we sat on the plane, at the gate, for another 45 minutes before takeoff. We arrived in Seattle, after a 5.5 hour flight from Charlotte, just after 9pm (which I think is 6am Nice time).
Our luggage took forever to come out - but finally did, thank goodness. Liz picked us up at the airport in Seattle. Thanks, Liz! We said goodbye to our travel companions. Thanks, Tanya, Troy, and Jada! And we curled up in our very own bed sometime around midnight.
We have tons of stories and photos, which I will share soon - when I can muster up the energy. In the meantime, here's an adorable Marley picture to tide you over:)
6 comments:
oh yippee yippee! You're back! That's really too bad we missed each other! I won't be able to see Marley for a full TWO MONTHS?! Sounds like you had a great trip!
Marley looks happy to be seeing Big Ben
so happy you are all back safe and sound! Hope you had lots of fun!!!
I'm sure you had a great time... Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the tales. Perhaps we'll have to meet for coffee one of these hot days.........
Beautiful shot, Mars looks especially pleased
patrick
Hi Dawn!! Wow! I loved reading about your trip and can't wait to see more photos! Travelling with Marley gives me hope for when we have a child and want to travel too. :) Hope you're all doing well and staying cool! -Maret
Post a Comment