Kristina and Adam's mid-nineteenth century home was really comfortable, and super cute!
When we left Reading, we headed to Wadbridge in Cornwall for three nights. The adorable Brookdale B&B, where we stayed, was just a few minutes walk from Adam's parents' house.
The Full English Breakfast was served hot just for us every morning. Yum!
One of the days we went surfing at Polzeath Beach. Well, not "real" surfing. Most of us were just boogie-boarding, and some of us were just floating around in the waves:)
Jeff and I took turns squeezing into wet suits and playing on the beach with Mars. Here's everyone getting ready for the "cold" water (it was warm compared to Puget Sound).
We hiked along a gorgeous trail that went along the coast. It was so pretty that Jeff and Marley even came back the next day to do more hiking while I was at the wedding rehearsal.
On the day of the wedding, we headed to the lovely Rose-in-Vale Hotel. It did drizzle a bit during the ceremony, but most of the guests were prepared. The ceremony was at 12:30 pm, and the reception didn't end until around midnight, so it was really nice to have our room right there. Jeff even took Mars up for his nap after the ceremony. Everyone told us how "smart" Marley looked in his dress clothes:)
The bride was lovely, and the groom handsome. We ate, drank, danced, and had tons of fun. Boy was it a long day!
Stay tuned for Part II: London and Paris!
5 comments:
Dawnie, that dress looks really nice on you! It looks like you guys had lots of fun and it makes me want to go on vacation...I'm glad mines coming up!! I can't wait to see you guys.
Love ya!
o my goodness, what a dream vacation, the trail path is so beautiful!!
Sarah is right, that dress looks so cute on you
Marley looks downright handsome in that suit!!! I want to go stay at all those places. Oh, your dress is nice, but you forgot a picture with the shoes! And, I really am looking forward to more pictures.
Love the pictures (especially Mars in the suit) =) Beautiful place! Hawaii won't be as secluded... =)
Dawn - you have outdone yourself on this update - can't wait for the rest :-)
Post a Comment