Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Sister

Photobucket

Due May 26th, Baby Sister is looking great so far! And we've had quite a few looks already. This pregnancy is considered "high risk" because Mars was preterm. I feel great, however, and am very optimistic about the outcome this time, considering our plan of action:

Weekly until 36 weeks: Progesterone injections (proven to reduce the risk of preterm labor)
Twice a month until 28 weeks, then as needed until 40 weeks: Cervical ultrasounds (to make sure my cervix remains long and closed - we also get to see how the little girl is doing each time)
Monthly until 28 weeks, then twice a month until 32 weeks, then weekly until 40 weeks: Visits with my OB (regular prenatal care, thyroid checks, and infection checks)

It's a lot of trips to the doctor, but it'll be SO worth it when I get to hold my healthy full-term baby!

Oh, and in case you can't tell, you're looking at a profile of Baby Sister. Her chin is raised and she's bringing a little hand up toward her face:)

5 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

I sure hope your not spending too much time in the waiting room for all those visits. I am loving that baby already *kisses*

Jennie Fisher said...

So excited for you guys! I meant to comment on the last post but didn't. Praying for a smooth, safe, and healthy pregnancy and delivery! :) Jennie, Daniel and Mia Gracce

Anonymous said...

So worth the seemingly endless doctor visits. Can't wait to meet her. Oh, and I'm glad to see the ultrasound with the Philips there on the top!!!!!

Unknown said...

Let me know if there's anything that Dustin and I can do for you guys. This includes watching Marley or bringing over food! I also have an extensive selection of books here as well.

Heather said...

Congratulations! How exciting for Marley to be a big brother!