But, when I thought about it more, it really came down to two options. 1. I, with my ZERO potty training experience, potty train him *mainly* by myself while taking care of a newborn. 2. I let Jena, with her many years of potty training experience, do it during the week days and I try not to mess things up too badly over the weekend. I went for option 2.
So far, I think things are going really well. However, I will not lie. Learning to use the potty is messy. I've learned that an "accident" can be a variety of things: starting to "go" before being fully on the potty seat, changing positions mid-flow (bad aim, even when seated, is the biggest culprit for pants changes around here), not "finishing" completely before getting up, bumping the little potty when it's full, trying to dump the little potty into the big potty by ourselves, running away from mommy before being fully wiped, etc, etc. Don't even get me started on public restrooms. I feel like hosing Mars down with hand sanitizer every time we leave one. Eww!!
As you can see, I will NOT be one of those moms who tells you that her child was potty trained in 3 days and only had one accident ever. If you're looking for that method, you'll have to ask someone else.
2 comments:
Dag Nabbit He's so cute! I honestly don't remember how things went when all you kids were potty trained, I just know I didn't push it and then things just happened. Marleys doing great (and so is his Mom & Dad)
Hm... I don't know if Marley will appreciate a video of him in his undies being posted on your blog.... =) VERY cute though (he's so big!) If Dustin and I end up having a boy, he's doing the potty training. =) Either that or I'm getting duct tape and sticking my kid to the toilet so he doesn't run away. =) That's quite a funny story, him running away before you can wipe him. hee hee =)
Post a Comment