Monday, August 30, 2010

Facebook Wars

Jeff and I have been in a long, drawn-out battle of wills to see which of us would be the last remaining person on the planet without a Facebook account.  And...I won!  Now, you'd think I would be pretty excited about my great accomplishment, but it's actually not that fun to be the one without the Facebook page.  Back when neither one of us knew what was going on with our friends or family members or family members' friends, it was blissful ignorance.

Our dinnertime conversations sometimes sounded like this:
Dawn: So-and-so is getting married.
Jeff: Really?  To who?
Dawn: Joe Schmoe
Jeff: No kidding?  Does Joe's ex know?
Dawn: I don't know, So-and-so didn't mention the ex.

Now, they sound more like this:
Dawn: So-and-so is getting married.
Jeff: That's old news.  I saw the pictures of them at their engagement party.  Joe's ex is really ticked, and plans to try and get full custody of the kids.
Dawn: Huh?

Okay, so maybe we don't ever have anything that juicy to talk about, but still, you get my point.  I'm totally out of the loop.  Who knows, a few more conversations with Mr. I-know-whats-going-on-with-everyone and I might just have to get on Facebook myself!

7 comments:

Kristie Walker said...

BWAHAHA!!

Come to the dark side--we have cookies!

Emerson Clan said...

We will welcome you with open arms.

Unknown said...

Dustin is cutting back on his facebook time. He took the app off his i-phone. =) It's a great way to connect with people, but it can definitely be time consuming.

Jeff said...

Don't do it! I can't tell if I like it or hate it.

Brian said...

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Once you are, time will start to disappear in large chunks if you're not careful. Definitely fun, and worth doing, but tread carefully.

Gramma goes Blogging said...

well you know me, I got sucked into the mindless games and I listen to the nieces and nephews, rant about how much partying they are doing.Some posts r informative, but most aren't.
My endless time on FB is farming *Harvest harvest, plow plow.....
I say enter at your own risk, I just update dad, so maybe Jeff can just update u

ALL7997 said...

You & I can be non facebook users together. Who needs virtual friends when You have real ones. Dont waste your time.
--M