Friday, September 10, 2010

Thanks, Dora!

Marley has been pretty good at rote counting for a while now - accurately to ten, then randomly, sometimes including numbers like "eleventeen".  And he's been getting better at meaningful counting of objects, too.  He totally surprised me the other day, though, when he accurately counted out ten goldfish crackers in SPANISH.  Then, he turned to me, eleventh cracker in hand, and asked what came after diez.  Uh...sadly, I had to look that one up.  I knew he'd be smarter than me one day.  I just didn't realize it would happen when he was two!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

once, right? but I'm stuck at 12. =)

Gramma goes Blogging said...

That's cute, but let me warn you, he will be asking questions that will stump you all the time. Good luck Mommy! xoxoxo

Sarah said...

He is amazing!

Unknown said...

Maybe you should have taken Spanish instead of Latin!;-)