Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marley likes pink

Marley plays with trucks and baby dolls. He likes superheroes and princesses. He dresses up in lion costumes and fairy wings. But, I know this won't last forever. In fact, I bet a year from now, he'll be able to assign a gender to each of those rolls. Maybe he can already. I don't know, I haven't asked. I'm sure one day he'll want to dress up like a ballerina in a pink tutu, but he'll know that pink is "for girls", so he won't. And that makes me sad. Right now, Marley is just as likely to want to wear a head band, like Mommy, as he is to want to shave his face, like Daddy. It's endearing, and sweet, and innocent. And I wish he could stay like that forever.

Okay, that got a lot sappier than I had planned:) I, actually, came here to show you this photo of Marley demonstrating his intense love for the color pink. He loves pink so much, in fact, that he often likes to remind us at random times. For instance, at the dinner table:

Jeff: Please pass the salad dressing.
Marley: I like pink.

He has assigned the rest of us "favorite" colors, as well. For some reason, I got purple. Purple is only okay, in my opinion. I would much rather have blue, or green, or red. But, no. If there is anything purple to be had, I get it. No amount of protesting will convince Marley that my favorite color is not purple.

Anyway, back to the photo. Yes, that is Thomas the Tank Engine wearing one of Amelia's old sleepers. A bit creepy looking, an armless/legless train wearing pink pajamas, I know. But, whatever makes the kid happy, right?

2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

You are so sweet Dawn, and Thomas looks hilarious

Nancy said...

Oh, Marley. Thanks for giving me a favorite color last night, by the way. I wonder if you still remember what it is............... (and I asked for purple!!)