Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mother of the Year

We had lunch at the newly opened Beachside Cafe today.  They opened just in time, too.  It turns out that Pioneer really wasn't our scene after all (think bikini espresso meets seedy night club).  Beachside Cafe seems pretty promising, though.  It has much the same vibe as Alki Bakery did (we've already been there twice since they opened last week), and I hardly feel awkward at all when things get a bit harried, as they usually do.


Today, for example, immediately following our meal, but before any of our stuff was cleaned/packed up, Marley decided it was time to go, and headed for the door.  I went to retrieve him before he could dive into the Sound for a little swim or some such thing.  Amelia took this opportunity to use her go-go-Gadget-arms to reach my half empty mocha, which I had mistakenly left in the same room with her.

I was able to wrestle the cup away from her, but not before she dumped most of it on herself, the table, and the floor.  I made Marley stand next to her while I ran to get napkins.  When I returned, (as if things weren't bad enough) she was lapping coffee off the table, like a dog.  What do I do about this?  Why, whip out my iPhone and take a video, of course!  Yup.  Mother of the year.  Hopefully CPS doesn't check the blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Absolutely LOVE IT! Your kids are great, but I do think you deserve the award. Ahhh if only I could have been one of the customers sitting at a table near by. I'm sure you and your kids absolutely made the other customer's day. That, and they probably marveled at how well you handled a boy who wants his freedom and a girl who has wonderful taste in drinks. =) LOVE Amelia's hair-do.

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Yes it is Mother of the year, Instead of freaking out about a mess u savor the sweet. Moments other wise wouldn't have been captured.Love ya xoxoxo

Nancy said...

Oh, I do hope I get to meet you guys for coffee one day this week.... I don't want to miss all the fun!!!!