Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hello, Third Trimester!

Wow, these things really sneak up on you when you're busy chasing two little kids!  But, yippee, we made it to 27 weeks and Eyeball and I are doing great!  I had my last official appointment at the perinatal clinic this week.  It ended with a big hug from my doctor (who was also my doctor when I was pregnant with Amelia).  My cervix, fluid levels, and baby are all measuring right on track.  They estimated Eyeball's weight at 2lbs 4oz, the 49th percentile.  Which is great, except that my belly's measuring bigger and I've gained more weight than with either of my previous two pregnancies.  I was sorta hoping to blame some of that on the baby, but I guess it's all me.  Oh well, I love this part of pregnancy.  Hopefully, Eyeball will cooperate and give me a nice long third trimester.  Now I just need to get through the rest of my shots - 9 down, 9 to go! 

How am I kicking off the third trimester, you may be wondering?  By knocking off a few items on my to do list.  Jeff, brave soul that he is, took the kids camping at Mt. Rainier tonight, so I could have some alone time with my cleaning supplies.  Now that the kids' room is done, it's time to tackle the upstairs.  I had Jeff move some furniture before he left, so I could do some deep cleaning (I've promised not to move anything by myself, and I've been very good so far).  So far, I removed everything from our 'closet' and vacuumed/dusted places that haven't seen the light of day in years.  I found fewer dead spiders than I expected to, but more vomit stains (Ewww!).  I'm trying to remember the last time someone threw up down the back of our bed, and I'm thinking it was Marley.  When he was one (Ewww!).

Anyway, I tried to take a belly shot since I was posting about the pregnancy, but found it pretty much impossible to do with my iPhone.  So, instead I'll leave you with a picture of my "progress" upstairs.


Yikes!  I'd better get back to work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray hurray for 3rd trimester and for deep cleaning!

Gramma goes Blogging said...

I understand it's getting close to *Rush hour* on getting ready for baby, but I would be taking big time naps instead, YOU r super MOM!