| Toys. |
| Toys. |
| And more toys. |
A few years ago when our friends Adam and Kristina were visiting, they marveled at how "normal" our house looked. We had a few small bins of toys on the book shelf, along with several books. And that was it. Their daughter is now about the same age as Marley was then. Perhaps, like we were, they are still feeling pretty good about the state of their home.
Since that visit, we've added another child, had six Christmas's, six birthdays, and countless "just because" gifts. Our children are very lucky to have so many people who adore them so much. But, with so many overflowing bins, buckets, and shelves, we are in desperate need of a purge.
The problem is that Marley and Amelia have cataloged every single item in their little brains. They have a sixth sense about their toys, and somehow know the exact moment something goes missing. And so I spend my time trying to create more space by getting rid of my own stuff.
Adam and Kristina - you should just start boxing up all of your stuff now. The toy take over is inevitable. Don't fight it.
5 comments:
I have no solution :-) but I have to say your toy collection is very organized, the kids know what they have but most important they know where things are.
You can have a meeting with them and ask if there is anything they would like to donate to the *poor children who have nothing* you will be surprised at how giving they will be when they understand there are children who love to have some stuff
*Gasp* Kristina? Oh How sweet, they must be thrilled!! Congrats where ever you are
Is this your nice way of saying don't buy us any more crap please? hehe
Wow, I saw the pictures and started think "Oh, I remember the days when..." and then there was your text! Haha Thank you for the heads up, as we currently have one tidy basket of toys in our living room and 3 ikea cubes of books, stuffed animals and other toys in her room. Thanks for the flash-forward, oh no. Though, I think this "helps" your pro-list for an extension, so you can open a toy wing!
Might see if you can convince the kids to a one-in=one-out policy?
PS: Thanks Wanda! Olive will be 1 in Oct and we are loving parenthood!
I feel your pain Dawn.
Post a Comment