Thursday, September 13, 2012

Countdown to Baby 2012: 33.5 weeks!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by all of a sudden!  I think Jeff and I both sighed a big sigh of relief when we passed 32 weeks, and now can relax a little.  As we head into the home stretch, I'm starting to get really sad that this pregnancy is almost over.  If you can believe it, I'm feeling even better than I was a few weeks ago (which truly wasn't bad to begin with).  Plus, thanks to Jeff taking the kids camping (again) without me, and my in-laws coming by to help, I've been able to cross lots of things off my to do list.  Check it out!
  1. Repair crib.  I bought the part we need, now just to reassemble it.
  2. Rearrange furniture upstairs. Jeff needs to do this.  I just need to point.
  3. Clean out upstairs closets/dressers to make room for baby stuff.
  4. Paint closet and add shelves.  Already bought all the materials, now I just need to find time to do the work.
  5. Wash and put away baby blankets, bedding, and clothing.  I'm kind of waiting until the furniture's in place to do this.
  6. Inventory newborn diaper stash and make a few purchases, as needed.  
  7. Wash newborn diapers and covers.  See #5, plus I have a few out on loan that I need to get back.
  8. Install car seats.  Still waiting on one from Amazon, but I'm pretty sure I have the arrangement figured out after playing around with it a bunch this morning.
  9. Wash old car seats/covers and install in Nai Nai's car.  This installation will be pretty quick and easy, but I'd rather not do it while in labor.
  10. Prepare emergency home/car birth kit (towels, receiving blankets, infant hat, bulb syringe, cord clamp, sterile scissors, gallon zip lock bag). Yes, I am actually scared of not making it to the hospital in time.   Thanks, Mom, for the extra supplies!
  11. Pack labor and delivery bag (lip balm, hair ties, hard candies/mints, sleep nursing bras, tennis ball, snacks for Jeff, camera, phones, chargers, lap top, pocket doula handbook).  All packed, except electronics, which we'll have to grab on the way out.
  12. Pack hospital/going home bag (tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair brush, deodorant, jammies, slippers, clothes/jammies for Jeff, coming home clothes for me and baby, swaddle blankets, nursing pads, boppy).  Once everything is washed, I can get this bag packed.
  13. Buy postpartum/nursing supplies.  I tried to visit my favorite boutique for this (Birth and Beyond), only to find that they had closed their retail shop! Nooooo!
  14. Make notes about school schedules, etc. for Nai Nai.  Now that I know what they are!
  15. Name the baby!  See previous blog post:(
  16. Take pregnancy pictures.  We have taken a grand total of ZERO so far.
  17. Get a pedicure.  I had to add at least one fun thing to my list!
 And some numbers, for record keeping purposes:

Number of progesterone injections left: 2 (woo hoo!)
Number of weeks Amelia was born after my last injection: 3 (yikes!)
OB appointments: Weekly, beginning next week until baby is born
Pounds gained so far: 30
Latest belly measurement: Right on track, 33 cm at 33 weeks
Baby's heart rate: 142 bpm
Baby's most active time of day: 10pm - midnight
Location of most kicks felt: upper right side

No comments: