Amelia switched from diapers to undies right around her second birthday. But, she's still in the stage where many conversations revolve around going to the bathroom. Come to think of it, so is Marley. And Jeff. Hmm...when, exactly, does this stage end?
Anyway, here are some of Amelia's recent mots de toilette.
The other day Amelia was dressed up like a princess, and Jeff was trying to get her to take a potty break.
Jeff: Time for the princess to go pee on the potty.
Amelia: No, princesses don't go pee on potties.
Jeff: They don't? Where do princesses pee, then?
Amelia: (thinks for a while) On snowflakes!
Jeff was reading to the kids before bed one night, when Amelia mused, "It's so easy to pee in my night time diaper."
Amelia: (randomly announced while coloring) I'm not pooping.
Me: Do you need to go poop?
Amelia: No.
Me: Are you sure?
Amelia: I said I'm not pooping.
Me: (skeptically) Okay.
Amelia: (one minute later) I'm pooping!
We often tell her to 'listen' to her bladder to know when it's time to use the bathroom. I guess we haven't been very clear on what a bladder is, because the other day she told us, "My bladder is telling me I have to go poop."
At first Amelia wasn't too keen on pooping on the potty, so she would ask for a 'poop diaper'. Her favorite place to poop was in front of her dollhouse. I think, because it put her in a squat position that was
perfect for pooping. Thankfully, it wasn't long before she transitioned out of the poop diaper and onto her little potty. Unfortunately, the poop location remained the same.
Now she's about 50/50 with the little potty/regular potty, when it comes to pooping. But, when we're out and about and she has to go, her first question is always, "Do they have a doll house here?"
Now, off to print a copy of this post and stick it in her 'to-be-read-at-graduation' file.
2 comments:
I love it! You just need to print out a doll house poster and keep it in your car so whenever you need to stop somewhere, you have a dollhouse ready to go!
LOL@ Cec
Post a Comment