Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wipin' butts and takin' names

Jeff gets back tonight, and I only had one nervous breakdown while he was gone. Yes, I realize there's still time, but I'll count that as a success. Hooray! AND the house has been thoroughly de-sick-ified. HUGE hooray! Thanks for all the well-wishes. I think we are all better now - just in time for summer!

ETA: Oh, right. So, as the parent of three young children, I've recently been thinking about the massive amount of time I spend wiping butts.

Baby butts: Wiping baby butts is the most time-intensive. Generally, there are multiple poops each day. Plus, there are poopy diapers to deal with afterward.

Potty-training butts: During this stage the actual wiping gets easier (usually), but a lot of time is spent waiting for the poop's arrival. And when there's a miss...just, yuck.

Big kid butts: We're SO close to being completely potty-independent now. But five year-olds still need help wiping, and the learning process is a bit...messy.

So, by my calculation*, I spend roughly 65% of my day taking care of the potty needs of others.

*I didn't actually do any sort of calculation. This number may be a little off.

Enjoy some random photos!





1 comment:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

haha yer silly, maybe get one of those fancy butt washing toilets?