I have a love-hate relationship with the very end of my pregnancies. I love my pregnant belly. I love feeling the baby kick and wiggle. I love that she's so easy to care for right now - no middle of the night breastfeeding or changing poopy diapers. And, mostly, I love the way I feel. However, it is becoming a bit crowded in there. Important internal organs are smooshed beyond recognition, and often, beyond function. I'm looking forward to being able to climb a flight of stairs without feeling like I'm going to pass out at the end. And OH! to eat a full meal again without suffering from terrible, terrible reflux. And seriously, I cannot wait to take a full sized pee again! Though, this issue is infinitely better than last time around, now that I have my own bathroom and no longer have to trek downstairs in the middle of the night.
And then there's the waiting. It's exciting - wondering when it will happen, what the labor will be like, and how fast things will progress. It's also nerve racking. Will I be able to get a hold of Jeff? Will someone be available to take care of the big kids? Will I make it to the hospital in time??
I had my weekly OB check up today, at 39 weeks 2 days. There's really not much to report. Everything looked perfect! My doctor wants me to come in twice a week for non-stress tests for the remainder of the pregnancy. She didn't have me do one today since I just had one done at the hospital on Saturday:) I have my next regular appointment scheduled for Monday. If I make it, I will be 40 weeks and 1 day, which would be the longest I have ever been pregnant! Just for reference: Marley = 32 weeks, Amelia = 38 weeks 4 days, Samuel = 39 weeks 5 days.
Anyone want to place bets? :)
3 comments:
wow, after looking at the preg belly image, no wonder why you feel like you do, funny thing, all the fat on my belly gives me the same symptoms lol.anyway my heart goes out to you I hate to see you stressed about all the what if's and will I's. All normal feelings Thank God for the friends there who love you, they are there for you sweetie, ready to serve and obey, you have it all planned out to perfection. now Breath in Breath out... Love you I just hope I hear my phone when you call to tell me it's time, I am so darn excited
Love to be reading the blog again!!! And so excited for you all (and us too). Love you, Liz Xoxo
Betcha it will be right on Jeff's bday (:
Post a Comment