Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Samuel Says

Samuel is so funny right now. I wish I were doing a better job writing down all the hilarious things he says, but he has us in stitches all the time. 

Part of it is the adorable way he mixes up his words and sounds.

Hospital = Pasta bowl
Torpedo = portedo
R2D2 = RT do T
Bowser = Fowser,
Pancake = panpake
Breakfast = breksist
Quesadilla = case of dee-uh

I heard him singing the alphabet the other day and he said, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, how I wonder what you are."

He also gets confused about things we say sometimes. One day when I told the kids we had to stop by Marley's school office, Sam started to cry, saying he didn't want to go. When I asked him why he said that he didn't want to go to the doctor's office because he didn't want them to give him a shot.


Sometimes he'll be crying because he got hurt or had an argument with one of his siblings. Suddenly, with tears still streaming down his face, he'll declare, "I'm happy!" And that will be that.

Then, there are all the things he says to actually try and be funny. This conversation happened the other day.

Marley: If we call Rose: Rosey Posey Lemon Bosey*, can I be Marley Warley Chocolate Charlie?

Amelia: And I'll be Amelia Delia Strawberry Stealia!

Sam: And I'll be Sammy Whammy Hamburger Darkness.

And here's a Sammy original joke:

Why did the hot dog jump into the hot pan? Because he was Captain America.

Finally, here's an unedited story he dictated to me the other day:

Once there was a robot, and once he turned on the TV. And he watched and watched until Rose saw him and he was gone.  And then he was walking and walking and walking.  Then, he was sitting on a chair and there was a chair walking past.  The end.

*Yes, we do, in fact, call her Rosey Posey Lemon Bosey.
*Sam gave up the binky for good quite suddenly on June 17th.


2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

I just love what kids say.
Alicia: "Lilyana what does z o o spell?
Lil: Zoo
Grams: Wow Lil, you're smarter than the average Bear
Lil: ( After thinking for a bit) Can't he spell zoo?
Grams: Who?
Lil: The average Bear

anyway everytime I tell someone this they don't even giggle, yet I can't stop cracking up
Keep um coming I just love it

Unknown said...

Your kids have such amazing imaginations! Though in your "spare time" (cough, cough), I'd LOVE an age tracker or something, bc I can never recall who is how old any more! Mine are 3 1/2, 2 & 4 mos. Hang in there Mama!!!