Downtown was fun with plenty of shopping, food, and clubs (Yes, Sarah and Alicia dragged me out dancing one night:)
The views were breathtaking. This is Chautauqua Park where we hiked, and later, where Marley played at the playground.
We had mixed weather, ranging from snow when we first arrived to 70+ degrees later in the week. We chose a nice day to drive through Rocky Mountain National Park.
We saw herds of elk all over the place there. Some even crossed the road right in front of our car!
We hiked on a path along the river in Boulder and couldn't resist climbing up these rocks.
We took a tour of the New Belgian Brewing Company and the Celestial Seasonings Tea Company (Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of CS) - both with plenty of free samples. Yum!
Mars loved the Butterfly Pavilion. He was a little young to fully appreciate the butterflies, but he sure enjoyed running around the play area.
Marley dyed his first egg. I think the whole thing was very confusing for him. You have to check out my mom's video of him "enjoying" his egg. Pay special attention towards the end after he's destroyed the egg, he does the sign for again.
The trip ended on a sad note when we got word that my grandma (my dad's mom) had passed away Saturday morning. I was glad that I was able to be with my dad as he got the news and that we were all together. I'll probably be traveling to Michigan later this week for the funeral. I'm not yet sure if Mars and Jeff will come along. Although I'm sure Marley would love to see his "Ba-Ma" and "Ba-Pa" again so soon!
3 comments:
I'm glad your trip was such a good one. Sounds calm and fun. Sorry to hear about your grandma. That was a sad way to end a wonderful week.
My sympathy for your loss of your grandma. I am glad you could be with your family. It sounds like a fabulous vacation! Worth not buying Christmas presents, huh?
I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip in Colorado! What a beautiful place to stay too! So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Let us know if there's anything that we can do for you.
Post a Comment