Marley has discovered my new Kryptonite. It has taken him just two short weeks to figure out that I am powerless when there is a baby attached to my boob. No matter how excitedly I exclaim, "Ooh! I know! Let's read Curious George together!" or "I wonder what you could build with Legos!"while breastfeeding, Marley continues to empty the contents of the soap dispenser into the sink, or jump from one piece of furniture to the next. It's as if I am not even there.
After what I went through with nursing Marley, I was looking forward to a nice easy breastfeeding relationship with Amelia. Alas, it was not to be. Oh she's breastfeeding, to be sure, but only with the help of my best frenemy, the nipple shield. Part of the problem, apparently, is that she's a bit tongue-tied. I'm waiting to hear back from a doctor who specializes in maternal medicine and breastfeeding issues. Hopefully we can get in to see her soon and get some of this resolved.
In the meantime, it's nearly impossible to do anything else during the wrestling match that is feeding time. Inevitably, it's during this time that Marley decides he needs a drink of milk, or that he has to go poop. I never was really able to feed Marley in the carrier, and it took nearly six months for us to reach the breastfeeding nirvana that is the side-lying position.
Let's hope Amelia's timeline is a little quicker, otherwise I'm doomed to watch helplessly as Marley scales the changing table and pulls every last wipe from the wipe container.
4 comments:
Ugh. Hang in there.
You jogged my memory, I thought n thought what it was that I did.. Oh YA ,Well, I have a confession, Sesame Street, Polka Dot door, Mr Rodgers, Reading rainbow. Take it or leave it, I know you don't do TV but on a bad day it might be a good solution.
BUT I would never reward tv or punish with no TV. JUst do TV for something different n something fun
Makes you even more appreciate that Marley is still going to school a couple days a week, I bet! Good luck. Sorry I missed you guys the other day. I was off having fun, but probably not as much fun as I could have........ call again. See you soon. Really.
It gets better. Try to enjoy it as much as you can because it already seems like a long time ago that we were wrestling with that stupid shield. Here I go again....blubber, blubber. Love ya
Post a Comment