My poor baby - I mean, our poor baby - is going on day four of this terrible tummy bug. I took her into the doctor yesterday because I was getting worried about dehydration. Her fever has gone way down, but the diarrhea has not really slowed much. It sounds like it's going around. The doctor said she's seen a lot of babies with the same thing this week. And just like I suspected, there's not much we can do except ride it out. The doctor thought it would be another 2-4 days!
Amelia was not showing signs of dehydration, thank goodness, but the doctor reminded me how important it was for me to stay hydrated also, which I have not been very good about lately. With the exception of a piece of toast yesterday, she's back to exclusive breastfeeding. And her poor little bum is so red! She gets to have a sink bath with most every diaper change now.
Just for fun, here's Marley around the same age.
6 comments:
Awwww, I love me some nakey baby pix!
Poor kiddo! I hope you're all hanging in there!
Have you tried the California Baby calendula cream (comes in a little jar) for her poor bum? It's REALLY nice for healing owies like that... it's been GREAT for Annie, who gets diaper rash if you look at her funny. :-(
Poor baby, get well real soon Amelia!
love ya
Awwww. Hope she's well enough to party this weekend.
I notice with your second baby, your not afraid to put a little more water in there hehe, poor Marley got robbed
That little bug is traveling far and wide, it seems.... lots of throwing up kids at school the last couple days, including like 6 from one class today. Ick. Poor Amelia. Hope the rest of you can manage to avoid it.
Hm... next time I come over, remind me not to use the left sink. =)
Post a Comment