Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quotable Quotes

It's been a while since I've posted Marley-isms, mainly because there's a constant flow of them and I'm terrible at remembering to write them down!  These are all from the last week or so.  Enjoy!

Marley, thinking Amelia's UW Husky dress looked like a jersey, said it reminded him of Troy. He said, "I'll wear this when Troy wears his. Then we'll high-five and go to the game!"

At Costco, Marley told the cashier that he has a cash register at home that he plays with. She asked him if he was going to be a checker when he grows up. "No," he told her, "I'm going to be an armadillo-sloth."

We headed out to the mountains to play in the snow this weekend. Marley was so excited when we got there.  He took off and found a little girl his age to play with, while we finished getting everything out of the car. A few minutes later he raced back to tell us, "I just met my new girlfriend's dad!"

After swimming today, we picked up lunch from the Wendy's drive-thru.  Hating to be left out of any conversation, Marley rolled down his window and yelled, "I'll have a cheeseburger!"

While watching some firefighters test out their equipment, one of them spotted us and asked if Marley wanted to check out the rig.  They let him sit in the driver's seat and test out the horns and sirens, which he LOVED!  One of the guys gave him a headset, then put one on himself, so they could talk.  After a moment, Marley said into the microphone, "Hang on a second," and proceeded to honk the horn a few more times.

During dinner tonight, we shared some of these stories with Jeff's mom.  Marley listed intently while we talked, and when we finished said, "I'm so cute!"

Indeed!

4 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

:-)

Sarah said...

I melt a little every time you blog, Dawn.

Unknown said...

Love it. Adorable. I love sloths too. =)

Nancy said...

You are so cute, Marley!!! (Amelia, too, of course!)