Saturday, May 26, 2012

More Quotable Quotes

Phew!  Now that I have gotten that off my chest, I can blog again.  Hooray!  Here are some recent kid quotes.

My favorite thing Marley does is narrate his own play, like a book. As he's pretending, he says things like, "He jumped as high as he could onto the boat as it floated by."

He and Amelia were sitting at the table drawing when I heard Marley say, "'My picture is better than Amelia's,' he thought to himself."

We were listening to music and dancing one day, and I asked Marley why he looked so angry. He responded, "This isn't a mad face, this is my rock n' roll face."

We took Marley and Amelia to an early ultrasound, and told them that they were getting a sibling.  Marley's first response was, "I wonder what I should name this one!"  Shortly after that, he came up with the name Eyeball.  More recently, he told us that Eyeball isn't a good name and he wants to name the baby Moonlight.  He also wondered how he came up with the name 'Marley', and was surprised to learn that he didn't name himself.

As Marley, Amelia, and I sat at the breakfast table one recent morning, Amelia offered me a soggy mini wheat from her bowl.

Me: No, thank you.  I have my own cereal.
Amelia: [screaming] I want you to eat this one!
Me: No, thank you.  You eat it.
Marley: I'll eat it! [gulp]

Amelia: [screaming] No, Marley!  Give it to Mama!  I want Mama to eat it!
Me: Amelia, you didn't want it.  And I didn't want it. 
Amelia: [more screaming] No!  Give it back, Marley!
Me: Marley already ate it.  It's gone.
Amelia: [louder screaming] No! I want it!

Me: Amelia!  Knock it off!
Amelia: But, I don't want to knock my bowl of cereal off the table onto the floor!
Marley: No, Amelia.  She means, "Knock your crying head off."


2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

omg that's hilarious, I can't wait to see you guys again((( Hugz)))

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh i love the last one! hee hee. LOVE LOVE LOVE your kids! I can't wait to meet Eyeball!