Saturday, August 18, 2012

Countdown to Baby 2012: 30 weeks

Even though I feel a lot more confidant in my body's ability to carry a baby to term this time around (thank you, Amelia!), this stage of pregnancy is still extremely nerve wracking. 30 weeks was when I began showing signs of labor with Marley. He was born two weeks later.  Jeff and I will feel a big sense of relief after we make it through the next month or so.

AND as much as I LOVE being pregnant.  Really, I do.  I'm definitely 'feeling it' more this time around.  It's a combination of three pregnancies in less than five years, my 'advanced' age, and the fact that I'm in the worst physical shape this time.  It feels a little like I have arthritis of the pelvis:(  BUT, if a little pelvic pain is all I have to endure (fingers crossed), I will count myself lucky!  I'm still really hoping for a full 40 week pregnancy this time (perhaps a November baby?).  Especially because there is still so much to do.  This is just my 'baby' list.  It doesn't even include things like cleaning the basement, or day-to-day tasks like dishes and laundry.  Plus, I'm sure there are more baby tasks that I'm forgetting.  I'm hoping to cross of at least half of these items in the next two weeks.  Wish me luck!
  1. Repair crib.  I bought the part we need, now just to reassemble it.
  2. Rearrange furniture upstairs. 
  3. Clean out upstairs closets/dressers to make room for baby stuff.
  4. Paint closet and add shelves.  Already bought all the materials, now I just need to find time to do the work.
  5. Wash and put away baby blankets, bedding, and clothing.
  6. Inventory newborn diaper stash and make a few purchases, as needed.  
  7. Wash newborn diapers and covers.
  8. Install car seats.  Still waiting on one from Amazon, but I'm pretty sure I have the arrangement figured out after playing around with it a bunch this morning.
  9. Wash old car seats/covers and install in Nai Nai's car.  This installation will be pretty quick and easy, but I'd rather not do it while in labor.
  10. Prepare emergency home/car birth kit (towels, receiving blankets, infant hat, bulb syringe, cord clamp, sterile scissors, gallon zip lock bag). Yes, I am actually scared of not making it to the hospital in time.   
  11. Pack labor and delivery bag (lip balm, hair ties, hard candies/mints, sleep nursing bras, tennis ball, snacks for Jeff, camera, phones, chargers, lap top, pocket doula handbook).
  12. Pack hospital/going home bag (tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair brush, deodorant, jammies, slippers, clothes/jammies for Jeff, coming home clothes for me and baby, swaddle blankets, nursing pads, boppy).
  13. Buy postpartum/nursing supplies.
  14. Make notes about school schedules, etc. for Nai Nai.
  15. Clean/set up pack n play downstairs.
  16. Name the baby!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, what's a tennis ball doing in your labor and delivery bag?

Nancy said...

Wow! Let me know when you need a just for you day....!!

Dawn said...

Cec - the tennis ball is used for counter pressure during labor. Jeff can roll it on my back during a contraction and *hopefully* provide some relief.