Friday, September 14, 2012

More -isms

Amelia rarely wakes up during the night anymore, but a few weeks ago I heard her calling for me from her bed.

Amelia: I'm cold.  Could you tuck my blankets back in?
Me: Sure, Baby.  Here you go.

I then thought I'd try to help her get back to sleep by quietly singing and rubbing her back.  After a minute of this...

Amelia: Okay, Mom, that's probably good.  You can go back to your bed, now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marley: Mom!  I thought of a really good name for my baby brother: Samurai!
Me: Oh.  How did you come up with that one?
Marley: Well, I actually thought of Super Samurai, but you said we couldn't name him anything that started with Super.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the bus back from downtown the other day, Amelia stood up on her seat to see the person sitting directly behind us.

Me: Amelia, please sit down in your seat.
Amelia: [loudly] I was just looking at that guy.
Marley: [equally loudly] What guy?
Amelia: [pointing] That guy, right there.
Marley: [standing up] Where?  I want to see.  [pointing] That guy?

I was able to cut them off at this point, but I imagine the conversation could've somehow continued on forever.  On this same bus ride, there was an equally loud exchange regarding my boobs.  I can't relate it here because, honestly, I was too busy trying to change the subject to listen to what they were saying.  But, I do recall Amelia saying that they were "cute" and Marley asking if I was wearing a bra. 

3 comments:

ALL7997 said...

the last ism brought tears to my eyes laughing so hard. ha ha.

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Samurai= Samuel to me My Father, so Marley is getting closer But then Lilyana Grace in My mind is both of my GrandMothers, Lillian and Gracie even though that was not on Alicias and Matthews mind what so ever.
Marley seems pretty fired up about this new baby as we all are.
What ever happens, I feel like hearing this Babies name is just as exciting as Meeting him for the first time.
Again, I am not putting pressure on any names cause I am going to love him no matter what his name is.
My only request is don't give him a girley girl name,or unisex name. My siblings had a horrible time with mix ups.
Sammie= Girl
Jan= Boy
Gene= Boy

Unknown said...

Love love love that last one. SO funny! I love kids. I bet people in the bus were laughing hysterically listening to your kids. =) I'm sure a few people were also checking out your boobs to see if your kids were right. =)