Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Time!

We had beautiful weather on Sunday, so decided to head up to Edmonds to our favorite pumpkin patch, Fairbank Farm. Going up that way was also an excuse to visit our friends, Dustin and Cecily.  We hadn't seen them in quite a while, and it was nice to catch up.  On the way in, Marley noticed a tree in their neighbor's yard that had a little red door in the middle.  He was excited to go over and "knock on the door to see who lived there."  No one answered the tree door, but he and Jeff did get to meet the neighbors:)  Marley's other favorite part of the visit was watching Dustin set up "the robot" to vacuum the room.  When it was time to go, Marley didn't want to leave, and said he wanted to stay at Dustin and Cecily's forever.

Amelia spent the entire visit trying to poop.  The poor girl had been constipated for the last couple days, and was clearly uncomfortable.  Luckily, we're talking about Cecily here, so she produced inspiration in the form of the Potty book and a number two pencil.  And finally, right before we had to leave - success.  What a relief! 

We grabbed a bite to eat, then headed over to the farm to meet Troy, Jada, and Miles.  I don't know how they do it, but this place always has zillions of baby animals.  The two-day-old piglets were so cute and tiny.  Their mama snored loudly while they nursed.  She didn't even stir!  Their other sow was in labor and we watched her building her nest.  Jeff and I were really hoping that she would give birth while we were there, but no such luck.

Two day old piglets

There were baby goats to pet, too.


Jada pets a duckling



I like how Jada's the only one posing.  The rest of them are "driving".



2012
The kids also got to pet a bunny, see chicks hatching out of eggs, jump in a pile of hay, feed chickens, and run through a corn maze. I can't wait to go back to this place next year!

Oh and, just for comparison, here are our little pumpkin and scarecrow from years past.

2010
2011

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I love that you have photos of them from each year! If Daniel comes up here next year in October, I'm totally taking him there!!!

Glad I could help Amelia poop! =) I suppose you're right...not many people have those number 2 pencils. =) Trust me to have the odd items. =)

Gramma goes Blogging said...

at My first visit here I didn't click on the pencil site, then I saw Cec's comment and went to see what the deal was on that lol. now it makes much more sense, At firstI thought just to draw in the book????? ha haha. I love the last years pic too. my how they have grown