Monday, May 18, 2009

Word Up

Me: Look Mars, a doggie!
Marley: Daw-daw!
Me: Yes, a doggie!
Marley: Daw-daw!
Me: That's right, daw-GIE.
Marley: Daw-daw!
Me: Say, "gie"
Marley: Gie
Me: Good! Daw-GIE.
Marley: Daw (pause, pause, pause) daw.

Alas, even with his less than perfect pronunciations, Marley's language skills are exploding! I will now attempt to list all the words that Mars can say, or sign, and uses regularly on his own without prompting.

People: Mama, Dada, Jada, Nai Nai, Grandma (Ba-ma), Grandpa (Ba-pa)

Animals/animal sounds: Bird (sign), Doggie, Moo, Baa, Roar, Meow

Food: Milk (sign), Water (sign), Banana (sign), Cracker (sign), Cereal (sign), Eat (signs and recently says), Dinner (Ninner), Juice, Ice, Strawberry (Fraw-fraw), Cookie (Ki-cky), Cheese

Exclamations: Whee! Cool! Wow! Yeah! Ahh! Phew! Yuck! Uh-Oh! (Uh-ah)

Other: Cold (sign), Again (sign), More (sign), Socks (sign), Shoes (sign), Music (sign), Help (sign), Rain (sign), Poo poo (signs and says), Pee pee, Hot, Bye, Hi, Pretty (Pee-pee), Baby (Bee-bee), Boobie (Bee-bee), Bath (Ba!), Bus (Buh!), Up, Down (Nown), Let's go! (Hmm hmm!), Teeth, Light (ight), Bubbles (buh-buh).

I'm sure I've forgotten some. Check back this week and I'll add any I may have left out.

2 comments:

Emerson Clan said...

FUN! I love these lists. Way to go, Mars!

Unknown said...

hee hee. I LOVE The let's go one! =)