Okay, this whole tummy bug thing is getting really old! I'm sure Amelia would agree with me. She and I are both taking probiotics, I'm treating her bum with hydrocortisone and an antifungal for yeast, and I'm feeding her like two bananas a day. She's still pooping constantly, but her mood has improved, so I'm sure we're on the upswing. Right?
Diaper changes are kind of a lengthy ritual right now. Amelia poops. I remove her pants, socks, and diaper, and hose her bum off in the sink. I pat her dry and let her continue to air dry for a few more minutes while I take care of her poopy diaper. I apply creams and put on the new diaper and her clothes. Then, about half an hour later, we repeat the whole process.
Somewhere right in the middle of all that - often at the critical "rinsing" stage - Marley says he needs a hug. That sounds like the sweetest thing ever, doesn't it? Except that he does it about 600 times a day. Seriously. Whenever I'm right in the middle of something (eating, going to the bathroom, driving!) he tells me he needs a hug. I'm sure this is his three-year-old way of letting me know that he needs more attention. Definitely the case this week due to my preoccupation with diaper changes.
So, no matter how many hug requests I have already granted that day, I always honor each new one (even if he has to wait a few minutes for it), because quite often, I need a hug, too.
6 comments:
that is so sweet, and your Dad would be proud that you are finally just spray washing bums in the sink. Back in the day there were butt wipes but you needed lots of money for them, so they were a special treat for me. anyway Spray wash costs so much less. Wish I were there hugging you guys too.
I normally use cloth wipes/wash cloths. The disposable ones do get kind of expensive (not that I don't use my fair share of those, too). The washing in the sink thing is a pain, but probably much better for baby bottoms than either kind of wipe.
The hardest part being that you have to have a clean, empty sink. It has been helping me stay on top of the dishes.
awwww. want me to give him more cookies? =)
Nothing better than a three year old's hug! Poor Amelia. Hope she's feeling lots better.
Happy Birthday Dawn, My sweet Valentine, I hope you have a nice relaxing day, (with lots of hugs)
Post a Comment