Friday, March 4, 2011

Travel Log

When my sister was around 10 years old, she (with Alicia's help) decided to look through all of my parents' old photos and files and make a baby book for herself.  I guess by the fourth child, record keeping starts to slip a little. 

I can't blame my mom one bit.  I wasn't really that great at record keeping for Marley.  He has a baby book that documents most of his first year, an unfinished scrap book with a random assortment of photos, and a small scrap book documenting his NICU stay (that would never have been finished without the help of my sister!).  And things are even worse for Amelia.  She has a 2010 Woodland Park Zoo calendar with notes like "A's first tooth" and "A pulls to standing" scrawled on it. 

Thank goodness there's also the blog.  So, in the interest of record keeping... 

Marley's Air Travel Log
In Utero: China (1st trimester), Wyandotte (2nd trimester)
6 months: Wyandotte, MI
10 months: Wyandotte, MI
16 months: Boulder, CO
19 months: Europe (Reading, Cornwall, Paris, Nice, London)
22 months: Wyandotte, MI
2.5 years: Oahu, HI
2.5 years: Wyandotte, MI
2.75 years: Boston, MA
Coming soon...
3.5 years: Florida Keys
3.5 years: San Diego, CA

Amelia's Air Travel Log
In Utero: Wyandotte, MI (1st trimester)
2 months: Oahu, HI
3 months: Wyandotte, MI
4 months: Boston, MA
Coming soon...
12 months: Florida Keys
15 months: San Diego, CA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should do what my mom did for my sister and I. She kept journals of the funny things we'd say and the little drawings that we'd make. It doesn't take much time (it's a few lines at most), and it's been kept above the phone since I can remember. Stace and I always get a kick out of looking through them.

Gramma goes Blogging said...

You kept great records here, fire up the printer an put it in a book