Last week, the kids and I headed to Michigan to visit my family. Without Jeff. We decided that since we had just taken a big vacation, and we wanted him to have as much time off work as possible when Eyeball is born, AND there were a million household tasks that needed to be done, it was best if I go it alone. I've never traveled alone with the kids before, and it was going to be the longest that Jeff had ever been away from Marley and Amelia. But, guess what? I survived! And so did Jeff! We are happy to be home again, (and out of the heat!) but, boy was it good to see my family!
I would love to say that this is what they looked like during the entire flight. Unfortunately, they decided to wait until we landed to both fall asleep.
 |
| Sleep-inducing taxi from runway to gate. |
 |
| Pat and Cyndi treated us to dessert at Shatila. |
 |
| Amazing experience! I can't wait to go back! |
 |
| SO many options! |
 |
| The kids were in heaven! |
 |
| Red-winged black bird at Crosswinds Marsh. |
 |
| Swan family floating through the lilypads |
 |
| Walking along the boardwalk, through the marsh. |
 |
| Baby swallows waiting for mama to return with lunch. |
 |
| Getting a closer look at the marsh. |
 |
| Amelia REALLY wanted to pet a goose. Marley wouldn't let her:) |
 |
| Hanging out at Matt, Alicia, and Lilyana's house. |
 |
| Lilyana was proud to show us her marble run. |
 |
| Marley rocking out on the drums. The girls were not impressed. |
 |
| Playing in the backyard. |
 |
| Alicia read everyone a bed time story at the end of a long day. |
 |
| Enjoying a popsicle at Kensington Beach. |
3 comments:
You are soooo brave. Those are some great pics. The girls covering their ears made me giggle and the desserts look wonderful. Looks like so much fun.
Oh yeah. Thank Marley from saving Amelia from those geese. Yikes.
I mean for saving her.....
Post a Comment