Okay, so I guess I don't need to post a picture or a video every time, but I know that's all you people really want anyway:) When Jeff and I are both home, he's usually doing work on his computer, so I can't use it to upload media. When he isn't here, he usually has the camera with him. Like right now, for instance. This is a perfect time for me to post. Jeff and Marley went to a soccer game and I'm here all alone. But no camera, so no pictures.
Jeff and Mars went on a super long walk today (down through Schmitz Park to the beach, along Alki to Harbor Ave and up the hill to California) where Mars slept almost the entire way. They lunched at Metropolitan Market and then headed over to Hiawatha to play at the park. Since Mars still isn't walking, he can really only go on the swings unless you want a REALLY dirty baby to clean up afterward.
Walking. He's so very close. He cruises along the furniture, climbs onto everything, and can stand with out holding onto anything, but he hasn't taken those first steps yet. We think it will happen any day now.
He is saying a few more words now, but the big leap is in what he can understand. "Go get the ball", "Pick a book to read", "Put on your socks/shoes/hat", "Take off your diaper", and "Put the toy in/on the ___" are just a few of the phrases that elicit an appropriate response. His favorite is to go get the ball and "slam dunk" it in the basket. Perhaps I'll upload a video of this someday.
4 comments:
Personally I enjoy the journaling as much as a picture or video. Keep it coming!
Pictures are great, but journals are OK too :-)
BTW- has Marley learned to say "no" yet?
lol@ take off your diaper
I think his best talent is a cookie taste tester personally. =)
Post a Comment