Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amelia's first trip to the pool


Every week Jeff and Marley meet Troy, Jada, and Miles at the Tukwila Community Center pool.  Never having taken a formal swim lesson, Jada and Marley (and now, Miles and Amelia) are learning how to swim simply by having regular opportunities to practice in a relaxed environment with plenty of support from their Daddies.  Last week, Amelia, Sarah, and I decided to join them. Sarah did a great job capturing the action for us!

Wearing the life vest helps Marley build confidence and independence

He is learning how to move forward, backward, and spin around in the water

Miles loves floating around, and the occasional dip in the water, while Jada,  at age 4, is able to swim quite well independently

Jada swims over to see what Amelia thinks of the water

We saw neither tears, nor smiles.  I guess we can count that as a success

Already Amelia is learning about the properties of water

2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Boy I gotta say, you are a extremely active family.Great job

Nancy said...

Soon she'll love the water as much as her brother, I'm sure.