Wednesday, November 10, 2010

They just keep coming!

Here are some more gems that I've been transcribing over the last month or so.  Enjoy!

Marley overheard me talking with Sarah about planning a family vacation to Florida next year where I mentioned flying into Miami, and asked, "Mommy, why are you going to fly to your Ami?"

To his spoonful of breakfast cereal one morning: "Hold on tight! I'm gonna eat you really fast!"

When helping Jeff out in the yard: "I'm not very good at raking, but I'll try!"

Upon entering Curious Kids Stuff, our local toy store: "It's SO beautiful in here!"

Waitress (jokingly, to Amelia): "Are you gonna have some chips and salsa, too?"
Marley (matter-of-factly, to waitress): "Amelia only eats boobies."

Marley (in elephant costume): "Why does Chris have spikes on his head?"
Liz (in pig costume): "Because he is dressed up as the Statue of Liberty for Halloween."
Marley: "Oh!  And I can be the Elephant of Liberty, and you can be the Pig of Liberty!"

Me: "You can either walk, or you can ride in the stroller."
Marley: "I don't want to do any of the choices!"

Me: "Those people are the dog's owners."
Marley: "Are we Amelia's owners?"

And a couple other deep thoughts that I just want to remember:

"Sometimes I feel scared when you leave and my room is very dark."

"What does it look like in the mirror when I go away?"

5 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

This is priceless,awesome job. I wish I had written down the sweet cute things you kids said

Sarah said...

precious!

Unknown said...

Wow. Love the mirror comment. That and the boobies comment. =) I noticed he said that when you guys were at my place last weekend. =) So cute!

ALL7997 said...

ha ha ha .... they are so cute at this age. Wish we could visit more.

Anonymous said...

about the mirror...I can already see him as a great philosopher. patrick