Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bon Appetit

At Reid's recent birthday party, delicious curried pumpkin soup was served.  I believe Marley was the only one of the kids to have some.  I'm sure he was the only one who asked for seconds.  And thirds.

Anyone who's ever dined with him knows that he's an eater.  He has a broad palate, and is always willing to try new things.  Oh sure, he loves him some mac and cheese.  But he also scarfs down broccoli and green beans, gobbles up salmon and cod, and devours everything we order at Dim Sum.  Plus a whole slew of other things that I don't think I had even heard of as a child, much less eaten.  He does turn his nose up at things occasionally, but he's usually willing to give them another try again later.  And he's been like this since he was a baby!

Now that Amelia's beginning to eat with us, we want to do everything in our power to replicate Marley's adventurous eating habits.  In the couple weeks since she's officially started solids, she has already proven herself to be a champion eater.

With Marley, I made all my own purees and lovingly spoon fed him every bite.  And I have all kinds of time to do the same for Amelia.  NOT!  (Does anyone still say "NOT", or was that just an early 90's thing?)  This time around we're mostly skipping the whole spoon feeding thing and going straight to self feeding.  Things are going pretty well.  Amelia seems to be enjoying herself, and we all get to eat together! 

3 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

what about that mesh like thing you gave Marley, with a handle, where bits of food squish out.

Sarah said...

Did Marley say "Is that Sarah's?" ?

Dawn said...

Mom - oh yeah, I should try that with the extra slippery food!

Sarah - Yes, Marley thought the Flip video camera (which we've had forever, but finally just started using) looked like your phone:)