Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day!

Okay, so for me and the kids, everyday is kind of like a snow day, now.  Except usually without the snow.  And actually, it wasn't much of a snow day for Jeff.  Even though he desperately wanted to stay home, he forced himself to hop on the bus this morning.  He did wait for Marley to wake up, though, so he could see his reaction to the snow.  I wish I would have gotten video of that - it was so cute!  The snow continued falling throughout the day and it got really windy.  Jeff finally decided to head home - ON FOOT - since the traffic was so bad.  It took him 3 hours to get here!  However, his sister, Jill left the UW two hours before him.  She was heading home to Steilacoom.  But, since traffic was barely moving, she threw in the towel and decided to head to our house instead.  She got here about an hour after Jeff (a whopping 6 hour commute!). 

Sorry about the lack of videos lately.  I've been running out of space on Blogger, so I haven't been posting as many.  So, I'm going to do what my brother, Matt does (and I should have been doing all along - duh!) and just post links to the videos.

Our first trip out into the snow this morning. 

Ten minutes into our first trip out in the snow this morning.  Yes, Marley had mittens, but he wanted to take them off so he could feel the snow.

Amelia getting ready for trip #2 of the day.  We bundled up better and Marley kept his mittens on.  Trip #2 lasted much longer.

Me trying to teach (very poorly) Marley how to make a snow angel

3 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Marley did pretty good what with only verbal instructions, no picture, no demonstration hahah. what a sweet boy, Mittens are vital in snow,put them on a string so he can take them off when he feels he needs to. Love the videos, good job!!

Unknown said...

hee hee hee. I LOVE that! "Move your arms up and down". SO FUNNY! =) I also love his pout that he had when his hands got cold. =) Reminds me of me when I was little. =) GREAT videos. thanks for sharing! I'd offer to get together today since I don't have school, but I don't trust myself walking on the icy streets (not a lot of practice in Hawaii),and last night I could only make it 1/2 way down the block before getting frozen. Lucky for us 1/2 way down the block was Elliot Bay. =)

Kristie Walker said...

Awwww... how much fun!

Do you have YakTrax? They're a great investment (something like $14 at REI or a two-pack for the same price at Costco) given the winter we're expecting. That's how the kid and I got to the store yesterday! ;-)

Have so much fun with your snow days, and happy Thanksgiving!