Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Alki Bakery

It is a very sad day for the residents of West Seattle.  Alki Bakery unexpectedly announced last night that they are permanently closing their doors.  It has been an almost weekly tradition for us to go there for coffee, smoothies, sandwiches, clam chowder, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and a warm dry spot to gaze out at beautiful Alki Beach.  My only small consolation is that we just went there for lunch on Sunday with Nai Nai.  I really hope that there's a way this closure can be avoided.  The Beach will never, ever be the same without you, Alki Bakery!


ETA: Just in case you haven't been following the story as closely as I have, The West Seattle Blog posted an update.  We're still feeling really bummed about the whole thing.  I have a feeling we'll be avoiding the beach for a while until we can figure out a way to tell Marley.  (He's still having a hard time coming to terms with our neighbors moving over a month ago!  "Why did Paul get a new job?")

5 comments:

Sarah said...

awww :<

T said...

Oh NO!!! That is horrible. We will miss it too. :(

Unknown said...

Dustin read about it on the West Seattle Blog! I wonder if Bakery Nouveau has anything to do with it (if they took away some of their customers). That's really too bad! It was such a staple!

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Get yer picket signs out! Shame on the landlord. Sounds like the place could have stayed if it weren't for the rent. It's a darn shame to see a long time small town business go under.
I hope Amelia is feeling better. Happy 6 Month birthday baby girl!!

Anonymous said...

bummer...anytime someones mentions seattle coffee..I tell them where they can put their starbucks and I tell them where they should go. Definitely a memorable seattle experience